Choosing the Right Replacement Windows for Your Paradise Valley Home Starts by Choosing the Right Company
You realize that this decision is an important one and that making the right choices about the type of windows, as well as the manufacturer, is going to have a direct impact on the overall value of those windows as well as the rest of your house.
What you need to recognize at this point in time is that choosing the right windows and doors is going start by selecting the right window company.
Why does the company matter?
When it comes to any home improvement project, the person you hire to either do the work (the contractor) or the materials that you use are going to make a significant difference in all of it. With regard to replacement windows or doors for your Paradise Valley home, the company can be the difference between you choosing products that actually enhance your home and increase its value and choosing those that do nothing.
The wrong company will focus on either taking advantage of you and getting you to spend more than you want on options that you don’t really need, or will sell you the cheapest possible windows or doors that you can find. The latter may seem like a great option, especially if you are on a tight budget, but it’s not the best idea. In fact, you could actually be throwing that money away, depending on what type of windows you chose.
No, the right company will have professionals who look out for your best interest.
Aren’t all companies interested in maximizing profits?
If you’re talking about major national companies that have stockholders and a board of directors, then yes, the main goal (or just about the only goal is to maximize profits. However, when a company gets too big, then there’s only two ways to do that: cut costs to increase sales or cut customer service. Too often both are used.
Small to mid-sized companies are devoted to customer service and delivering the best products and service that they possibly can. To be honest, not all companies manage this, but it’s the best way to help ensure long-term viability and success.
So let’s talk about the qualities or characteristics that make up the right window and door company.
Qualities that make the right company.
1. Experience. The first one is going to be experience. You want to find a company that has a lot of combined experience working with, selling, and installing windows and doors.
Every home is going to be different and that means that every window or door is going to need to fit the home, the homeowner’s idea of interior design, and their budget. A person who has a lot of experience will be able to listen to what you’re looking for and determine the best options for you.
2. Customer service. A quality company is going to create a positive experience for the customer. That means that they are going to do whatever they can to promote positive customer service.
There’s a common misconception about what customer service is all about. Essentially, customer service is the way that customers are treated. This starts at the first contact, whether it’s a phone call, email, or they stopped in at the store. You should feel welcomed and not talked down to or pushed to make a decision right away about the replacement windows or doors for your home because of some so-called ‘sale’ that’s just about to come to an end.
To be honest, a company that is offering a limited time ‘special deal’ (that is not manufacturer generated) will be able to continue offering it to you, even if you decide to take a few days to think about it and make sure that you’re doing the right thing for your home.
3. Reputation. A company that has been around for at least some time will develop a reputation. You should focus on those companies that have a solid web presence and positive reviews. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the company. If there have been, you should be able to determine how they were resolved.
4. Support. A company worth its weight is going to provide solid support to all of its customers, even long after the purchase and installation is completed. Make sure that the company you choose will be there for you should you have questions or concerns during the installation process or beyond.
5. Quality products. The company you choose should carry the best products on the market. There are several main manufacturers of windows and doors and not all of them are created equally. Choose a company that carries the best selection and quality windows and doors.
6. Patience. This decision should take you some time to make. The right company will be patient and won’t try to pressure you with slick sales talk, hoping to ‘close the deal’ right away. The should be more than willing to answer whatever questions you have about the windows and doors you want for your home.
Steps to choosing the right company.
Once you know the qualities of an ideal replacement windows and doors company, you’re ready to find it.
1. Research. Go online and find the different companies that serve Paradise Valley. Then see what kind of reviews each has received from past clients. This should give you a general sense of their integrity and quality.
2. Ask for references or a portfolio of previous work. Ask to see a portfolio of past work they have done. Look to see that the details are there and that the quality is what you’re looking for with your home.
If you want to go to the right company right now, then choose Freelite, serving Paradise Valley and the surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Milgard® windows double pane?
Yes, Milgard® uses Energy Efficient Window Components with SunCoat® and SunCoatMAX® Low-E Glass Coatings. This means that the glasses have low emissivity and have a solar control coating to improve thermal performance.
Is Milgard® a good window?
The name Milgard® is one of the most trusted brands in the United States. They are also the largest window manufacturer in the western corridor. The Builder Magazine even quoted Milgard® replacement windows as “as Best Quality Vinyl and Most Used Vinyl Window”
Who makes Milgard®?
Milgard® was acquired by Masco Corporation in 2001. And In 2019 it yet again changed ownership and was sold to MI Windows and Doors one of United States’ biggest suppliers of energy-efficient vinyl and aluminum windows and sliding patio doors